Saturday, October 17, 2009

Black Flames (A Poem)

Black Flames...


When they walked searching for the stars in the daylight,
I hoofed calling for the darkness to come and show me the light,

They feared death, but I feared what death brought…
They hid behind the graves of those who died, asking for the light,
But I left the crew behind, and headed to what they feared, to the core of darkness… and I found life,
I found light…

I glanced at the spirit that told me, why so alone?
Why cry when you can laugh? Why die while you can live?
Why are you, and when will you? Where were you?

I was vain, and now I have become vast,
I was darkness, and now I feel light…
Like the sun, that burns,
Though my flames are black,
And my language is not understood,
But,
You understand me…

The spirit spoke love instead of words,
And prayed with blessings instead of chanting songs,
A true one you are,

When will I?
Soon, not less than the time the sun takes to dive into the sea…

I thought I was alone through the crowd,
Feeling naked through a frosty nimbus cloud,
But I was touched by a force,
Influenced by a mystifying source,
Which led me back to the core of the universe…

I stepped into the native world,
I saw all the faces I always dreamed about,
I had the battles I always longed for,
I was given the love I always searched for,

Alone! There is always someone to share with…
Alone? This was my curse…
Sometimes blessings bloom within curses,
Like an eagle cracking the crust of its eggshell…

When the lighting torch is extinguished, when the clouds are too thick, when the hearts are too stony, when the minds are too stubborn, and when the journey is too long…

It doesn’t mean that fire is extinct, the sun is dead, the love is gone, the logic is lost, and the roads are vain…

I felt the spirit holding my hand,
Opening invisible doors,
I stopped, I sighed,
I breathed its wonders, and said…
Soon my spirit, but when I fulfill my quest,
Before the sun dives into the seas…

1 comment:

  1. oh how I long for this spirit to pay me a visit !!
    My favourite part was :

    "When the lighting torch is extinguished, when the clouds are too thick, when the hearts are too stony, when the minds are too stubborn, and when the journey is too long…

    It doesn’t mean that fire is extinct, the sun is dead, the love is gone, the logic is lost, and the roads are vain…"

    And ;
    "Sometimes blessings bloom within curses"
    That is soo true, and nicely expressed.

    ReplyDelete